Re: OWNER TO on all objects

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: OWNER TO on all objects
Дата
Re: OWNER TO on all objects  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> The old pg_dump would output a session auth, and then wouldn't bother
> changing it until necessary.  However, with ALTER OWNER, I have to
> dump it for every object, even if it's the same user.

Well, the advantage of SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION is that it is SQL
compliant, whereas ALTER OWNER is not.  So I'm in favor of changing
nothing.  The examples you listed in you original mail, where the
privilege to do something was later dropped so the original state is
not reproducible, are to me examples that the privilege system is
flawed.  You could use ALTER OWNER in those cases only, because those
states are not SQL compliant anyway.