Re: OWNER TO on all objects

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: OWNER TO on all objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, the advantage of SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION is that it is SQL
> compliant, whereas ALTER OWNER is not.  So I'm in favor of changing
> nothing.

That, however is a highly theoretical, and quite non-practical
"solution".  It leaves many of the world's postgresql database
non-upgradable and "fixing" postgres so that revoking someone's create
privilege dropped all their tables is _madness_.  You can't but agree
that the SQL spec is totally broken in that respect.  They've broken the
underlying orthogonality of their permissions system.

I think Tom even may have mentioned that the SQL rules about that sort
of thing only seem to apply to domains or something anyway...

I mean, if I (as a PostgreSQL developer) cannot upgrade my _own_
database then how does anyone else have a chance?

Chris