windows-1250 encoding

От Martin Zdila
Тема windows-1250 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello

How can one set character encoding in the database to windows-1250? I am
using postgresql 7.2.1-2woody4 (on debian).

create database somedb with encoding = 'windows-1250';
ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: invalid backend encoding

I just need to order selected rows by some column witch windows-1250
encoded text.

Or, it would be beven etter if I could change the encoding on the
existing database, but unfortunately in postgresql 7.2 there is no ALTER
DATABASE ... Any advice?

Thanks in advance

--
Best regards