Re: windows-1250 encoding

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: windows-1250 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Martin Zdila wrote:
> How can one set character encoding in the database to windows-1250?

Evidently you cannot.

> I just need to order selected rows by some column witch windows-1250
> encoded text.

If you have windows-1250 data on the client side, then declare your
client encoding, create your database with a supported encoding, and
the conversion will be done for you.

If you really have windows-1250 data already in your database, then, uh,
how did you do that, considering that that encoding is not supported
for databases?