Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am thinking they could untar into a directory under pgsgl/ or have a
> way to point to a 'configure'-run source tree and pull values from
> there.

> If you include pg_config.h, or use Makefile.global, you have almost
> everything you need to compile your own, including flags, configure
> checks, and the location of the installation directory.

How hard would it be to have the individual cvs projects such that they
could be checked out all in one shot?

I'm thinking that if it was easy enough to maintain an up-to-date cvs
copy for all the individual projects, then it would be easy to grep the
entire mess when making backend changes. That way at least you could
determine the extent of the impact when making backend changes. And
since they are still individual projects, you don't need to get them all
if you're not interested.

Joe