Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:29:36AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am thinking they could untar into a directory under pgsgl/ or have a
> way to point to a 'configure'-run source tree and pull values from
> there.
>
> If you include pg_config.h, or use Makefile.global, you have almost
> everything you need to compile your own, including flags, configure
> checks, and the location of the installation directory.

That would work only if they compiled the source themselves, as opposed
to using a binary package (which is very common).  I'm not sure if
installing the postgresql-dev or postgresql-devel package would be
enough.

If not, maybe pg_config could provide all the necessary info ...

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!
cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions