Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images

От Development - multi.art.studio
Тема Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

 >Filesystem is too slow. But I don't know, if I store these images into
 >postgres, performace will grow.

but postres also stores its data on the filesystem.
maybe take a better FS like XFS (xfs is very nice and performes good),
imho other filesystems like reiser have some version-problems ;)
so storing images in postres as blob imho is not as fast as XFS, but
maybe you have to do some performance tests.
maybe you can store an index table for your images with path and
filenames - if did not so far, this should speed up your file-search.
also having a lot of ram, at least 1Gb for such a big portal, and scsi
is a good idea, if you want to boost it up, take a dual proz system with
scsi-raid and a lot of ram - and costs a lot of money also :((.
another tip is to activate proxy or httpd-cache and compression or other
caching stuff in php, java etc.

sorry for my broken english.
volker