Raw vs Filesystem

От Terry Hampton
Тема Raw vs Filesystem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    Hello  Jaime,

    I think you're on the right track but have gotten some
    concepts possibly confused.

    As I remember,   the original email asked if Postgres
    could be run in a "raw" mode.   Another submitter
    told us that it can not.   ( Did I read that correctly, everyone ? )

    This means run Postgress in a raw or character mode versus
    the "standard" block mode as you would handle other files
    in a filesystem.     The primary advantage for a raw mode
    is speed.  ORACLE allows this method of operation.

    So ... your last question is now rather moot.   For best
    performance assure your setup parameters and Linux
    kernel parameters are optimized.      Help with that
    is a few keystrokes from anywhere.

                Terry

--
Terry L. Hampton