Re: Tool to ease development of plpgsql

От D. Dante Lorenso
Тема Re: Tool to ease development of plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:

>On Friday 16 January 2004 22:52, bill.postgresql-users@mcmilleon.com wrote:
>

>>What's the best way to ease development of plpgsql.
>>My largest issues with plpgsql pertain to the quoting of course.
>>

>3. To work around the EXPLAIN problem I copy/paste SQL from my function, at
>which time I have to unfix the quoting, then paste it back and refix the
>quoting...

<plug>

I use EMS PostgreSQL Manager to edit PL/PGSQL functions.  It automagically
escapes the quotes for you as you write functions, so you can just write:

    SELECT 'sometexthere'::text;

instead of having to do:

    SELECT ''sometexthere''::text;

It's a major time saver when developing.  You gotta pay money for PG
Manager,
but it's worth it and has Windows and Linux versions.

    http://www.ems-hitech.com/pgmanager/download.phtml

</plug>

Dante