Re: Snapshot as Backup

От Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Тема Re: Snapshot as Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Ed Murphy  ,

> and all the PostgreSQL files.  My question is if I restore this
> snapshot will PostgreSQL work?  I know if doing a typical file system
> backup of PostgreSQL I must first stop the postmaster or the backup
> will not produce a useable PostgreSQL system.  Is it necessary to stop
> the postmaster for this snapshot backup also?

Yes if the snapshot (filesystem) backup and restore is performed when
postmaster is NOT running  you can reproduce it.
I have done this with command
dump  <-- for file system backup
Filesystem ext3

Regards
Vishal Kashyap

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: psql Automatic login In Bash Script
От: Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Сообщение: Re: psql Automatic login In Bash Script