Re: PostgreSQL Performance

От Goulet, Dick
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sidnei,

    You'll find PostGreSql and Oracle to be kindred spirits.  Similar, but different at the same time.  I  find
performancevery good, although you'll need to tweak the system memory parameters from the defaults and the
postgresql.conffile.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
-----Original Message-----
From: BASEI, Sidnei R. [mailto:basei@sreb.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:48 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] PostgreSQL Performance

Hi all

Actually I have the Oracle Database. I am searching about others
Databases Soluctions.

I have a server with 2 processors (XEON 2.8) and 2Gb of RAM memory.

The size of my actual Database is 5Gb and the it has 300 simultaneous
access.

The postgreSQL provide a good performance to my application?
How I could search about?
Thank you very much...

[]´s
Sidnei