Re: PostgreSQL Performance

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sidnei,

In principle, yes, postgres can do quite well (we use 2 CPU boxes with 2 gigs of RAM for most of our production
servers),but a lot would depened on what sort of use your database gets -- all read and bulk updates ?  Or lots of
updates?  Are the queries complex ?  etc., etc.  How fast are the disk drives, and how many of them are ?

If you give people a bit more information you'll get more useful answers.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:    BASEI, Sidnei R. [mailto:basei@sreb.com.br]
Sent:    Tue 1/11/2005 12:48 PM
To:    pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject:    [ADMIN] PostgreSQL Performance
Hi all

Actually I have the Oracle Database. I am searching about others
Databases Soluctions.

I have a server with 2 processors (XEON 2.8) and 2Gb of RAM memory.

The size of my actual Database is 5Gb and the it has 300 simultaneous
access.

The postgreSQL provide a good performance to my application?
How I could search about?
Thank you very much...

[]´s
Sidnei