Dumb Question

От Leland V. Lammert
Тема Dumb Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

I was trying to install pgsql today on our db server (standard BSD4), ..
and no matter which source tree I installed, I found the following problems:

1) The make quit trying to install 'interface' - I am not using anything
except php4, .. yet it seemed to be requiring ODBC by default??

2) I don't know if this was related to #1, but none of the utilities
installed (i.e. initdb), so I am dead in the water.

Did I miss something in the FAQs? Is there more than one source tree
required (e.g. base + ??)? I don't want ODBC, why is is install trying to
do ODBC interfaces??

    TIA for any clues,

    Lee

    Leland V. Lammert                                lvl@omnitec.net
       Chief Scientist                         Omnitec Corporation
   Network/Internet Consultants              www.omnitec.net