postgres - initdb error

От Rajan
Тема postgres - initdb error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok, I am ready to pull my hair out, what I have left!!
Here is what I got:
RedHat Linux 6.2 on an PIII 733 dual processor with 1Gig RAM and 33 gig of drive space.
What my problem is:
During the installation of PostgreSQL 6.5.1, I execute the initdb command using the postgres user account. I get the following error message:
---------------------------
pg_encoding: error in loading shared libraries: pg_encoding: undefined symbol: pg_char_to_encoding
We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=26).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Adding template1 database to pg_database...
ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
syntax error 1 : parse errorinitdb: could not log template database
initdb: cleaning up.
What am I doing wrong? What should I be looking for? Your assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated since I am new to the Linux community and really do not want to donate more money to Bill Gates!

Sincerely;
rajan
Tech Solutions
www.intercept.co.in