Upgrade Information

От Naomi Walker
Тема Upgrade Information
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We are currently using Postgresql 7.1.2, running on a E3500 server, OS
Solaris 2.6. We would like to upgrade to postgresql 7.2.

1) Do you all consider it stable enough now to upgrade?

2) If I understand correctly, to upgrade, step would be:

           a) pg_dumpall
           b) reset PGHOME to new version of postgresql
           c) pg_restore

Is this correct?

If so, that seems pretty drastic.  I cannot imagine that once our databases
start getting really huge that this will last as an upgrade method.  I
thought we would be using pg_upgrade, but I see a note that it will not
work with versions of postgres 7.1 and higher.

Why did pg_upgrade go away, and can we look forward to one in the future?

Thanks,
Naomi

--
Naomi Walker