Re: windoze accesse to pg backend

От Chad R. Larson
Тема Re: windoze accesse to pg backend
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 09:25 AM 11/26/2001 , David Bear wrote:
>I am wondering what 'common' solutions are used to access postgress data
>on unix back ends.
>
>I'd be glad to tabulate results for the list, but don't even know all the
>options.

The native tool "psql" is commonly used.  There is a graphical front end
for windows called pgAdmin that is quite useful.

Beyond that, I'd guess ODBC and JDBC are the most common methods.

Also, the protocol between the client and the server is documented in
chapter 4 of the Developer's Guide in case you want to write your own
custom client.  I'd discourage that and stick to ODBC or JDBC for
portability of your application.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com