Re: using multiple partitions for a single table

От Chad R. Larson
Тема Re: using multiple partitions for a single table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 04:55 PM 9/4/2001 , David Stanaway wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 5, 2001, at 06:58  AM, Taher H. Haveliwala wrote:
>
>>Is it possible in postgres 7.1.3 to have a single
>>table span multiple partitions?  Or is using RAID the
>>only option?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Taher

Yes, you can move individual files that are under your $PGDATA directory to
some other volumes, and then point to them with symbolic links.

>Hi there,
>On Linux, you can use LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to do what you want.

[snip]

>I believe there is a similar (Even the same..) project for BSD, and of
>course it is inspired by stuff that commercial unix systems have had for a
>while.

It's called "vinum", and is modeled after (or at least inspired by) the
Veritas Volume Manager.

>http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

         -crl
--