Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL

От
Тема Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2015-07-05 15:11 Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org>
wrote:
> I am not really an expert, but from your description I guess that you
> assume an existing PostgreSQL installation on your customers' server.

The application is a simple open source using a local PostgreSQL
database. The customer is just any user out there.
I guess the PostgreSQL instance itself is in most cases fresh/virgin
installed without any configuration done by the user.

> I would not like to install applications that change settings in
> pg_hba.conf

I know that this is a bad solution. It is just a workaround for my
development environment. I just explained that modifications here to
show how bad my workaround is and how less I know about PostgreSQL.

I read unspecific things about a "configuration file" for the
application that make it possible to get access to PostgreSQL without
having root-access to it. But I don't know details about it.
What could this be?

Is it possible for the user to install a PostgreSQL-using application
(including a fresh install and default-configured PostgreSQL) without
modifying the PostgreSQL-configuration?