Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On July 5, 2015 08:58:17 PM c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> On 2015-07-05 15:11 Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org>
>
> wrote:
> > I am not really an expert, but from your description I guess that you
> > assume an existing PostgreSQL installation on your customers' server.
>
> The application is a simple open source using a local PostgreSQL
> database. The customer is just any user out there.
> I guess the PostgreSQL instance itself is in most cases fresh/virgin
> installed without any configuration done by the user.
>
> > I would not like to install applications that change settings in
> > pg_hba.conf
>
> I know that this is a bad solution. It is just a workaround for my
> development environment. I just explained that modifications here to
> show how bad my workaround is and how less I know about PostgreSQL.
>
> I read unspecific things about a "configuration file" for the
> application that make it possible to get access to PostgreSQL without
> having root-access to it. But I don't know details about it.
> What could this be?
>
> Is it possible for the user to install a PostgreSQL-using application
> (including a fresh install and default-configured PostgreSQL) without
> modifying the PostgreSQL-configuration?

You could set up a whole new server with a different $PGDATA on a different
port.

What I'm wondering though is what made you decide to use pgsql for your
project? It seems to me that something like sqlite would be better suited for
your requirements.

Сообщение: Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL