Re: Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4

От Gerwin Philippo
Тема Re: Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the help,  I found the problem(s).
1. There was always a problem with reading back dumps into an empty database
in 7.2, and the views had to be done separately. The former admin had a file
for that. When I ran that on a 7.2 database, things were fine.
2. When I tried this on the 7.4 database, it didn't work, because this
database is more strict about typecasting. Wether this is the version or the
config on the new server I don't know. Anyway, I had to rewrite the file
with the view-definitions with some explicit type-casts, and then it worked.
It was the combinations of these two things that tricked me.

Gerwin