Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4

От Gerwin Philippo
Тема Cannot read back pg_dump from 7.2 into 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm testing 7.4, and tried to read a pg_dump file created in 7.2 into a 7.4
database.
I get a lot of error messages when creating views from tables because the
tables are not created yet.
Looking into the dump file, the order in which objects are created looks
funny: first some views, then the tables on which these views are based.
This seems impossible to me, but the odd thing is that with the 7.2 server I
can read this dump into a new database without any problems.
Any ideas?