How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?

От PMC OS
Тема How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am new to Linux and setup 6 Computers with Debian:

1) 2 Workstations
2) 2 Intranet Servers
3) PostgreSQL Server
4) Router

The two Intranet Servers are now working with NFSv4/TCP, Apache2 with suphp and php5, courier-imap/mta/mlm

My Router is working to and use IPT, bind9 and apache2 with mod_proxy forwarding traffic to the two Intranet Servers.

Also the Workstations are working fine.

Now I like to switch with the authentification to libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2 but I hit a problem with the PostgreSQL,
becauseit refuse any connections from the network.

I have setup in the postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = '192.168.0.3'

and in the pg_hba.conf

local   all     postgres                        ident sameuser
host    system  root            192.168.0.0/24  md5

now restarted postgresql and  "system" with the psql commandline tool.  Then imported the SQL Scheme from
libpam-pgsql.

OK, now on a workstation I installed libpam-pgsql and libnss-pgsql2 leave a terminal open to revert  the PAM/NSS files
ifsomething goes wrong and setup the files

/etc/pam.d/common-account
/etc/pam.d/common-auth
/etc/pam.d/common-password

to use the PostgreSQL database and now I was XXXX!  nothing is working anymore.  I can not even connect to the
PostgreSQLserver.

Can someone tell me please, how to setup PostgreSQL so I can use it with libpam-pgsql and libnss-pgsql2?

Thanks
PCMOS

freenetMail mobil – Alle E-Mails auf Ihrem Handy versenden und empfangen.
Jetzt kinderleicht und kostenlos einrichten. http://tls.freenet.de/tipp/handymail/index.html