Re: how to downgrade Postgres in Ubuntu

От Suya Huang
Тема Re: how to downgrade Postgres in Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi David,

This is the most complete solution I’ve got so far.

With apt-get install, OS says it cannot find the version, as you said.

sh@preview-db-1:~$ sudo apt-get -s install postgresql-9.3=9.3.4-1
[sudo] password for sh:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '9.3.4-1' for 'postgresql-9.3' was not found

Looked at the archives directory, there’s no postgresql packages, probably get cleaned up…

The last option does work! I found the deb file in launchpad http://launchpadlibrarian.net/170211692/postgresql-9.3_9.3.4-1_amd64.deb  and will download it as a backout plan for the upgrade.

Thanks a lot for the very useful suggestion!

Thanks,
Suya
From: David Osborne <david@qcode.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 8:46 PM
To: Suya Huang <shuang@connexity.com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin@postgresql.org" <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] how to downgrade Postgres in Ubuntu

You can sometimes do "apt-get install postgresql-9.3=9.3.4-1"

But often the OS cannot work out where to get hold of the requested version.

Alternatively you can check in /var/cache/apt/archives.
If the .deb file for the downlevel version is still there (copy it out so it's not cleaned up in future), and you can do "dpkg -i postgres-9.3_9.3.4-1.deb"

Failing that, you can download the downlevel deb file from somewhere.