Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication

От Weingartner, Steven
Тема Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

The spn is POSTGRES/pglgisprtd001.sempra.com@CORP.SE.SEMPRA.COM, as I set up different servers, the server in the spn changes of course.  The server name resolves, and if I do a klist on the keytab the realm matches.

I am thinking that it has to do with our “vas” & “vasd” systems and how it is configured. But I can’t really say.

From: Bear Giles [mailto:bgiles@coyotesong.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 3:44 PM
To: Weingartner, Steven <SWeingartner@semprautilities.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication

I was just looking at the Kerberos support. Is your server principal postgres/x.y.z@REALM, where x.y.z is the DNS name for your server? It probably won't affect you but think it needs to be POSTGRES/x.y.z@REALM for windows networks.

I'll have to check my notes for more details, e.g., I'm 99% sure it's 'postgres' and not 'postgresql'.

I know you need to use password authentication from the client - and the username has to be simple (bob@REALM, not bob/postgres@REALM). I'll be submitting a patch to support a keytab file and compound principals when I have some free time.

Bear