Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL

От Richard Combs
Тема Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I haven't used the BDE in a while, however it looks like a problem with character sets.  That is BDE is using one character set and PG is using another, hence the "invalid" characters.  Check the postgreSQL documentation on localization to see how to make your server recognize other language (character) sets.

One other question, does this happen only with varchar and only with that one column, or can you duplicate the problem with character type in another column?

Cristian Custodio wrote:

I'm using delphi 5 and PG: 7.3.4 and BDE

I have 1 varchar(4000) column. When I try post any value in this column
using UpdateSQL it save very invalids caracters. Like this: ííííííííí.

Any body could help me?

Thanks,

Cristian Luciano Custodio