Re: strange behavior

От Greg Campbell
Тема Re: strange behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I am not sure if there is an alternative to Declare/Fetch.

I would suggest taking a more client/server-centric approach. Your loop
uses a dynamic cursor (holding the cursor on the server side, while each
row is examined and possibly changed by the client). The same function
could have been accomplished with an SQL Update statement with the
appropriate where clause. The server would process it, and it would be
faster.

I tend to think SELECT statements with client-side cursors for
retrieving information.

I tend to use executable statements otherwise
INSERTS for  adding. UPDATES for changing. And DELETES for ... the
obvious.