Re: pg_dump still requires password

От Daniel Rubio
Тема Re: pg_dump still requires password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> When I issue the command it is asking for passwd which I cannot used for
> cronjob to run at midnight.

Execute the task as user postgres (crontab for postgres, not root) and
modify pg_hba.conf to permit access in trust mode (without asking for
password)

e.g :  local   all     postgres        trust

You can subtitute postgres for the user you need and the database too
(if the dump is not pg_dumpall)

> Please help. How I do solve this problem.
>

> I have posted this earlier the suggestion was to use pgpass but that
> does not help. What other way can I achive this.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ganesan

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org