Обсуждение: pg_dump still requires password

pg_dump still requires password

От
"Ganesan Kanavathy"

I want to do auto backup for pg with cronjob. The problem is it equesting for password.

I have tried with pgpass but still it does not work. I created the pgpass as per below:

echo your_host:5432:your_user:your_db:your_pass > ~/.pgpass bash$ chmod 600 ~/.pgpass

My cronjob entry is as below:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump --no-owner  -d helpdesk -U ganesh > /www/htdocs/sg/backup/helpdesk.dump

When I issue the command it is asking for passwd which I cannot used for cronjob to run at midnight.

Please help. How I do solve this problem.

I have posted this earlier the suggestion was to use pgpass but that does not help. What other way can I achive this.

Regards,

Ganesan

Re: pg_dump still requires password

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
> When I issue the command it is asking for passwd which I cannot used for
> cronjob to run at midnight.

Execute the task as user postgres (crontab for postgres, not root) and
modify pg_hba.conf to permit access in trust mode (without asking for
password)

e.g :  local   all     postgres        trust

You can subtitute postgres for the user you need and the database too
(if the dump is not pg_dumpall)

> Please help. How I do solve this problem.
>

> I have posted this earlier the suggestion was to use pgpass but that
> does not help. What other way can I achive this.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ganesan

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Re: pg_dump still requires password

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> I have tried with pgpass but still it do
> es not work. I created the pgpass as per below:

Version? ~/.pgpass is supported since 7.3. Two more solutions are:
1) Set PGPASSWORD variable to avoid pg_dump asking for password
2) Set connection as trust in pg_hba.conf

regards,
bhuvaneswaran
regards, bhuvaneswaran

Вложения