Re: Process Files

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Re: Process Files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Tom,

>> Hm, that's a rather odd error code, but I suppose it must mean that you
>> have run out of kernel memory for file descriptor slots or inodes.

Yep, after checking with the co-location techs the limit of open file on
my Virtual Server is 2479. They've upped the limit to 3718 for me.

This server is running serveral servers which all need to share the limited
amount of kernel memory allocated to my Virtual setup.
I want to power about a dozen Postgres driven web application on this
machine so I have running: Postgresql,Apache,FTP,Bind,Sendmail with PHP.

>> Note that you could also attack this by increasing the kernel filetable size

In this case, Virtual Server, I'm not able to alter Kernel settings.

>> max_files_per_process

Doh !
Sorry I should have looked first.

Many thanks