Re: Process Files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Process Files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rudi Starcevic <rudi@oasis.net.au> writes:
> ERROR:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation virtualusertable: Cannot
> allocate memory

Hm, that's a rather odd error code, but I suppose it must mean that you
have run out of kernel memory for file descriptor slots or inodes.

> I'd like to try limiting the amount of files per process.
> Is there an option I can configure to do this ??

max_files_per_process.  If you don't have it you need a newer version of
Postgres.

Note that you could also attack this by increasing the kernel filetable
size; I forget exactly how to do that in Linux, but it is possible.