Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.

От skennedy
Тема Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Tom,

PGPORT was unset in the environment.
I set it to 5433 and things started to work.

If I configured the server to user 5433 before building (using --with-pg_port=5433 in configure) shouldn't the clients, etc
automatically look for port 5433?

The executables ARE the ones I compiled using 5433, (according to "which" anyway) :)

Everything seems to work now anyway but it would be interesting/useful to know what I did wrong.  Is there a trace/log
of some sort which might hold the answer?

Stephen Kennedy.

Tom Lane wrote:
"skennedy" <skennedy@tissat.es> writes:
however, when I try and create a user  I get
bash-2.03$ createuser idip_734
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
psql: FATAL 1:  user "p_sql734" does not exist
Looks to me like you are talking to the old server.  Perhaps you have
PGPORT set to 5432 in your environment?  Or you got your PATH wrong,
so that you are invoking the older copy of createuser, which will
naturally default to port 5432?

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)