Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"skennedy" <skennedy@tissat.es> writes:
> If I configured the server to user 5433 before building (using
> --with-pg_port=5433 in configure) shouldn't the clients, etc
> automatically look for port 5433?

They should, and they do for me (I routinely run several different
versions of PG on different ports on my development machines).

Hmm ... are you sure you spelled the configure option correctly?
It should be --with-pgport=PORTNUM.  One of the less endearing aspects
of GNU autoconf is that it won't complain about unrecognized --with-foo
and --enable-foo switches.