Re: Problem with function permission test in a view

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Problem with function permission test in a view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I like your text much better --- added.  I will throw this email in the
> 7.5 queue and we can decide if it is a bug then.

If is a bug is better have a patch for the 7.4
May be is only a missing feature.
For sure for us was and is actually a nightmare imagine :

V1 -> V2 -> F         /
V3 -> V4

This mean that if a group A can use the view V1 and
a group B can use a view V3 whe shall back trace that
the function F must be executable by group A due V1
and by group B due V3. Fortunatelly Postgres now take
trace of dependencies so we can ( not easily ) analyze
each function and see if is used inside a view or not,
and choose the right permission.

We have ~ 100 View and ~ 100 functions :-(

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

PS: I vote that is a bug :-)

Сообщение: Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4
Сообщение: Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4