Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 08:09:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
> > In 7.4 I am finding that '(' (and some other punctuation) is not a member of
> > [:print:]. It is in 7.3.  It is a member of [:graph:] in 7.4 (which is
> > supposed to be [:print:] - [:space:]).
>
> This is not a locale problem, because I see it in C locale too.
> [digs]  Apparently this is an oversight in the new regex code we
> lifted from Tcl 8.4.1:

Here
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tcl/tcl/generic/regc_locale.c?rev=1.10&view=auto

is the Tcl version.  Is looks very similar (meaning, :print: is the
same as :alnum:).  Note that the code hasn't changed since
Mon Jul 29 12:27:51 2002 UTC

but is marked with tags to version 8.4.4.

Maybe not too much people uses :print: ?

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.
He arrives precisely when he means to."  (Gandalf, en LoTR FoTR)