Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4
Дата
Re: Possible locale issue with 7.4  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> In 7.4 I am finding that '(' (and some other punctuation) is not a member of
> [:print:]. It is in 7.3.  It is a member of [:graph:] in 7.4 (which is
> supposed to be [:print:] - [:space:]).

This is not a locale problem, because I see it in C locale too.
[digs]  Apparently this is an oversight in the new regex code we
lifted from Tcl 8.4.1:
   switch ((enum classes) index)   {       case CC_PRINT:       case CC_ALNUM:           cv = getcvec(v, UCHAR_MAX, 1,
0);          if (cv)           {               for (i = 0; i <= UCHAR_MAX; i++)               {                   if
(pg_isalpha((chr)i))                       addchr(cv, (chr) i);               }               addrange(cv, (chr) '0',
(chr)'9');           }           break;

in other words, :print: is the same as :alnum:.  This is obviously
a bug, will fix ... wonder if Henry Spencer knows about it?