Re: Report Generator Proposal

От skennedy
Тема Re: Report Generator Proposal
Список pgsql-admin

#14, Cunningham Road

Fax:+91-80-235-0486
Email: sbangalore@zensutra.com

Weaving the knowledge tapestry'

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Clark [mailto:matt@ymogen.net]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 11:00 PM
To: Gaetano Mendola; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Report Generator Proposal

I rather like it actually.  Cisco equipment has a 'show tech-support' command that does exactly that, dumps all the config, HW/SW
versions, current state, you name it.  If you have a problem you run that, attach the output to yr support email, and 99% of the
time there's enough info there to solve the problem.

It'd be easy to automate all except the explain, a script that did everything else could then emit "If your preoblem relates to a
specific query, then run 'explain analyze <query>' and attach it to your message as well".