Re: need for in-place upgrades (was Re: State of

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: need for in-place upgrades (was Re: State of
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:
> There are companies (Iron Mountain comes to mind) that have *large*,
> secure, temperature-controlled warehouses (an old mine, in Iron
> Mountain's case) and couriers that will bring your tapes (and
> other documents, for that matter) to their facilities.

Actually, part of this database's mission is to do this sort of thing
here, as we have large, temperature and humidity controlled rooms (with
raised floor) for storing backup data.  Security at this site is, well,
legendary.  Or at least it was.  But the bullet-proof glass on what
windows are here tend to have an impression -- and in this case
'bullet-proof' includes 50 caliber machine guns.  You just have to read
about it to believe it: google for 'Rosman Research Station' and see
www.pari.edu.

The front door to the building we're going to use for archiving has a
Sargent and Greenleaf combination lock on it, and is bullet-proof.  This
is the only entrance -- there are a number of exits, but only the one
entrance.  Well, except for the tunnel, but that's a different story.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology