Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hans,

You are right about the startup memory - here is the top line for a few
seconds after startup :
PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+
COMMAND
10116 postgres  15   0  3816 3816 3180 R 33.8  1.0   0:01.03 postmaster

seems that VIRT, RES, SHR all get the increase counted against them as
time goes on (as Tom suggested, I guess its to do with how top does its
accounting on this platform).