Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: Is it a memory leak in PostgreSQL 7.4beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is the Pg backend line from top after about 90 minutes runtime :
>
> PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 16083 postgres  17   0  9172 9172 8524 R 94.7  2.4  84:59.68 postmaster
>
> No sign of the shared growth stopping at this stage...
>
> Pg built with --disable-debug --without-zlib
>
> Platform is Linux 2.4.21+ xfs (Mandrake 9.2beta)
>
> regards
>

> Mark

I can hardly imagine that the backend started working with 9mb of
memory. what did you do that PostgreSQL needed so much memory from the
beginning??? are you using the default settings? usually the postmaster
does not need more than 3mb at startup (in this scenario).
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria