Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?

От Robert
Тема Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?
Дата
Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>>  how can I change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to ON CASCADE DELETE? I need to
>>do it on my production database now (client is really complaining...)
>>and I dont see any DROP CONSTRAINT in the docs - whats the right and/or
>>simplest way? Thanks a lot
>>

>If you're using 7.3, you should IIRC be able to use alter table to drop
>the constraint and then re-add it.
>
>If you're using an older version, I think you may need to find the
>triggers involved and drop those and then re-add the constraint.  I think
>techdocs has some info on finding the triggers.

Tried ALTER TABLE (yes, this is 7.3) but \d says

nbcz=# \d seasons
                            Table "public.seasons"
  Column  |  Type   |
Modifiers
----------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------
 id       | integer | not null default
nextval('public.seasons_id_seq'::text)
 hotel_id | integer |
 name     | text    |
Indexes: seasons_pkey primary key btree (id)
Foreign Key constraints: $1 FOREIGN KEY (hotel_id) REFERENCES hotels(id)
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

and

ALTER TABLE seasons DROP CONSTRAINT $1;

didn't work. Apparently I'm more then a bit confused, but what's the
name of the constraint here? I finally took a deep breath, dropped the
database and edited dump directly. Now it seems to work, but I'd still
like to now the correct way (ALTER TABLE but how?) Thanks for your help

- Robert

Сообщение: Re: Text datatype as Memo in Delphi
От: Ian Barwick
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?