Re: Text datatype as Memo in Delphi

От
Тема Re: Text datatype as Memo in Delphi
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wednesday 02 July 2003 00:57, Fernando Flores Prior wrote:
>> Is there a way to "cast" the text datatype fields in order to
>> not be interpreted as Memo fields in some Delphi data-aware
>> components? specifically DbGrids ?   Should I tweak the
>> ODBC driver config ? or it is something related to the
>> client side programming tool? (delphi in this case).
> If I remember right, the thing is not in "casting" Memo to some other
> data  type, but to force controls to show contest of "Memo". I forgot
> how I did  it(it was before 2 Years).
> And Yes, You are right - this has nothing to do with PostgreSQL.

I think anything longer than some number, either 256 or 512, is
interpreted as memo datatype, in which case you could truncate the excess
part of the field, and then if necessary cast as varchar.

~Berend Tober

Сообщение: Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?