Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: URGENT: How to change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to DELETE?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   how can I change ON CASCADE RESTRICT to ON CASCADE DELETE? I need to
> do it on my production database now (client is really complaining...)
> and I dont see any DROP CONSTRAINT in the docs - whats the right and/or
> simplest way? Thanks a lot

If you're using 7.3, you should IIRC be able to use alter table to drop
the constraint and then re-add it.

If you're using an older version, I think you may need to find the
triggers involved and drop those and then re-add the constraint.  I think
techdocs has some info on finding the triggers.