Re: I'm Back

От Adam H. Pendleton
Тема Re: I'm Back
Дата
Re: I'm Back  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>On Friday 20 June 2003 15:28, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:
>

>- pgAdmin3 configuration script should query wxgtk2ud-2.5-config and not
>wx-config symlink. The reasons is that pgAdmin3 cannot conflict with existing
>wxGTK 2.4 installations. Otherwise, it will never enter a Linux distribution.

The wx-config symlink should point to the most recent (that is the last
'make install'ed) version of wxWindows on the box.  If a user has more
than one wxWindows installation, and they want to use a version which is
*not* symlinked (I can think of all kinds of problems with this), then
we can provide a --with-wx-version= option so they can explicity specify
the version they want to use (2.5-2ud, 2.4-ud, 2.4-d, etc.).

>- Mandrake 9.1 provides rather old autoconf (2.13-16mdk) and automake
>(1.4-21.p6.mdk) packages. No update is provided on Mandrake Cooker, the
>equivalent of Rawhide. Also, I tried to install these packages from source,
>but the installation did not pass the test. So can we do? Would it be
>possible to use a more complex autoconf script ... which would work on old
>autoconf + automake?

I think I can fix the scripts so that they can be used with the old
versions of autoconf and automake.  I will need you to test them to make
sure they work, but this shouldn't be a problem.

>- SuSE 8.2 installation needs a patch to find PostgreSQL headers. A patch has
>been sent to Dave. Please find it enclosed.

I've looked at this patch and I'm pretty sure it breaks regular pgsql
includes on other systems, but I will create a patch that does work.

>Your help is welcome. Do you think the wxWindows 2.5 CVS libraries are stable
>enough to produce a MacOsX version? This would be a killing news...

No, the Mac port is in pretty bad shape, and I don't know how much of it
can be blamed on wxWindows (my wxWindows apps work fine on Mac).  Your
donated Mac is much too slow for me to use (slow from a network
perspective that is), and using my laptop for development is somewhat
tedious, though it should work for the time being.  I am trying to get a
Mac machine to put on my network here, which should speed up my Mac
debugging.

ahp