Re: I'm Back

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: I'm Back
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
> The wx-config symlink should point to the most recent (that is the last
> 'make install'ed) version of wxWindows on the box.  If a user has more
> than one wxWindows installation, and they want to use a version which is
> *not* symlinked (I can think of all kinds of problems with this), then
> we can provide a --with-wx-version= option so they can explicity specify
> the version they want to use (2.5-2ud, 2.4-ud, 2.4-d, etc.).

--enable-unicode = u
--with-gtk2 = gtk2
--enable-debug = d
--with-wx25=2.5

wx{gtk2 }{u}{d}{-2.5}-config
Anyway, your solution also works, so let's go for it.

> I think I can fix the scripts so that they can be used with the old
> versions of autoconf and automake.  I will need you to test them to make
> sure they work, but this shouldn't be a problem.

I have a Mandrake 9.1 host home ready for testing. If you wish, just send me
your public SS key so I can give you root access. Dave already sent me his
key, but you are the ***master*** of autoconf...

> I've looked at this patch and I'm pretty sure it breaks regular pgsql
> includes on other systems, but I will create a patch that does work.

Thanks. The SuSE 8.2 host is in Germany. I will be testing your script...

> No, the Mac port is in pretty bad shape, and I don't know how much of it
> can be blamed on wxWindows (my wxWindows apps work fine on Mac).  Your
> donated Mac is much too slow for me to use (slow from a network
> perspective that is), and using my laptop for development is somewhat
> tedious, though it should work for the time being.  I am trying to get a
> Mac machine to put on my network here, which should speed up my Mac
> debugging.

Agreed. I may take a day or so to compile wxWindows... The Mandrake 8.2 host
needs four hours to compile wxWindows... But for daily snapshots, the donated
Mac is perfect. If you were living in Europe, I would send you the Mac...

Thanks again for your help. If we are able to release Mandrake 9.1 and SuSE
8.2 snapshots, we would certainly reach many new users.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel