Re: Error starting backend

От Jason Lee
Тема Re: Error starting backend
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert Treat wrote:

> Hmm... I'm thinking you either have a version mismatch or perhaps
> there's an issue with your recovery process. can you initidb a new
> location with the proper local settings, then copy over the data dir to
> that new location?  If that doesn't work, post the steps you took to
> restore.

You might have been right about the version problem.  I built an older version
(7.3) and started the server with that data dir and it worked fine.  Since there
shouldn't be the need to dump and restore with any 7.3.x version, I'm not sure
that was the deal.  The data base came off a Red Hat 9 box, and I was trying to
restore to a Gentoo box.  Once I copied the data dir to a Red Hat 9 box (and
installed 7.3) everything worked.  <shrug>

Thank you Robert and Tom for taking time to help me. :)

--
jason lee
His grace for my shame / His death for my blame / His stripes for my pain