Re: Error starting backend

От Jason Lee
Тема Re: Error starting backend
Дата
Re: Error starting backend  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Any thoughts on this?  I'm at a loss on what to try next.  I appreciate any help
anyone can give. :P

Thanks a lot!

jason wrote:

> I had a hard drive die on me.  In rebuilding my system, I found out that my
> backup process wasn't working correctly, so I don't have any dumps that I can
> just load into the new setup.  I was able, however, to save the data directory
> from the old drive.  If I try to start the backend up with that data dir,
> though, I get this error:
>
> PANIC:  The database cluster was initialized with LC_COLLATE 'en_US.UTF-8',
>         which is not recognized by setlocale().
>         It looks like you need to initdb.
>
> Any idea how I can get around that?  Thanks a lot!
>
> jason

jason lee
His grace for my shame / His death for my blame / His stripes for my pain
And the pieces fit / His joy for my grief / His hurt my relief
My doubt His belief / And the pieces fit -- Considering Lily