Re: upgrade issue

От Jodi Kanter
Тема Re: upgrade issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Joe and to all others that replied to our problem. Looks like we are up and running now!

Joe Conway wrote:
Jodi Kanter wrote:
Recompiling Perl DBI is not a practical option. Did the developers realize that a major version upgrade to libpq was going to break Perl DBI/DBD-Pg?
Current versions of DBD-Pg use that libpg.so.2.

I just created a 7.3 RPM (based on DBD::pg 1.22 from
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbdpg/download/download.php)

You can grab either the 7.3 binary RPM, or a source RPM from here:
  http://www.joeconway.com/

If you want to use the source RPM to build your own binary, do the following:

rpm -i perl-DBD-Pg-1.22-custom.1.src.rpm
rpm -ba --target i686 /usr/src/redhat/perl-DBD-Pg.spec
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686/perl-DBD-Pg-1.22-custom.1.i686.rpm

HTH,

Joe

--

Jodi L Kanter