upgrade issue

От Jodi Kanter
Тема upgrade issue
Дата
Re: upgrade issue  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
We just upgraded one of our Red Hat 7.3 machines from postgresql version 7.2.3 to version 7.3.2. All seemed to go smoothly until we received an error via our web interface. The following error occurred:

install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module DBD::Pg: libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 206, <OR> line 57.
 at (eval 4) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 3, <OR> line 57.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at sessionlib.pl line 1507

The Pg driver is present, and was working before the upgrade. From this error I understand that Pg.so can't load libpq.so.2. No surprise since there is no /usr/lib/libpq.so.2   It appears that a symlink was created to file that does not exist.

We solved the problem by moving libpq.so.2 from another machine. That machine has not been upgraded yet and is still running postgresql version 7.2.3.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight to why this occured. Did we miss some part of the installation?  I still have two machines to upgrade and would like to avoid this on the others. The rpms all appeared to have run without trouble. So, why didn't it install?

Thanks
Jodi

--

Jodi L Kanter