Re: data files management (tablespaces)

От Thierry Missimilly
Тема Re: data files management (tablespaces)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
One solution i used is :
1) Run the contrib tools oid2name and note which DB or table i want to move in
an other disk / FS.
2) pg_ctl stop
3)cd $PGDATA/base
4) mv <DBnumber> <my_new_filesystem>
5) ln -s <my_new_filesystem>/<DBnumber>  <DBnumber>
6) pg_ctl start

Victor Yegorov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I wonder, is it possible in PostgreSQL to manage data files, stored on
> disks? I mean, I'd like to tell DB where store this or that object.
>
> Now I have a server running a DB and a small application that uses
> it. At the time, when project started, there were enough space on HD
> (4Gb). Now it seems, that soon I'm going to have problems.
>
> At now, I'm daily backuping and then deleting all "expired" records. But
> that is not the solution I want.
>
> Is it possible to add one (or more) disks and tell Postgres to store, say,
> indicies or big tables on them? Such things in ORACLE are called
> tablespaces.
>
> I've searched the docs, but found nothing apropriate, may be I've missed the
> point.
>
> I know, I can just upgrade hardware and move my stuff to the new server. But
> still - is it possible to manage objects?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Victor Yegorov

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Вложения

От: "Sriharsha"
Сообщение: pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer Problem