Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 7, 2011, at 10:23 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> On reflection, the set of extensions that an extension depends on is
> obviously a property of the extension, which means it ought to be
> specified in the extension's control file, not in the CREATE EXTENSION
> command.  So now I'm thinking something like
>
>     requires = 'foo, bar, baz'
>
> in the file.

And that takes us one step closer to PGXN's META.json file. Here's the spec:
 http://pgxn.org/meta/spec.txt

It includes a "prereqs" section, which looks like this:
      "prereqs": {         "runtime": {            "requires": {               "citext": 0,               "plpgsql": 0,
             "PostgreSQL": "8.0.0"            },            "recommends": {               "PostgreSQL": "8.4.0"

Best,

David